Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Sunday 9 October 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

This week I made Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes. These guys are so delicious, nutritious and festive that I had to make two batches - Everyone liked them!

I couldn't find a recipe I liked so I combined a few to make the one below and I think it's prefect although I'd like to make it healthier next time. These are topped with a simple maple frosting and chopped walnuts, but the second time around I made a cinnamon swirl and I prefer that one.

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
Mix above dry ingredients together, and pre-heat oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with liners

In  a separate bowl combine these wet ingredients and stir until smooth:
1 cup sugar (brown or cane)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin pie filling
1/3 cup oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Add dry mix to wet and stir until combined. Scoop into pan and bake for 15-18 minutes. remove when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.  Allow to cool on a cooling rack then when cooled down ice with any topping you like.

Have a sweet day!

1 comment: