Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Thursday 23 February 2012

Back at it

Days like today remind me to take a moment to stop and take a deep breath, enjoy life, be aware of your surroundings and allow yourself to feel blessed and alive and reflect on the journey, because getting to your destination is so much sweeter when you enjoy the ride.
 

 My blog has been static for awhile as I've adjusted to part-time school, full-time work and juggling relationships with family, friends and personal wellness. Although I've continue to read blogs over the past few months I honestly haven't had the time or energy to assemble my thoughts or piece together postings. With our so-called winter ending, I no longer feel like hibernating and will be back with recipes, and some nutritional information from my current education in Holistic Nutrition.

This morning I enjoyed a yogurt bonanza, so delicious plain coconut yogurt (the only yogurt worth eating) topped with Skinny B (chia seeds, buckwheat, hemp seeds), lecithin, wheat germ, flax seeds, shredded coconut, blueberries and strawberries. Tada!
 

>> Side note on Skinny B, I received a sample from Rob months ago when he was in the GTA and I promised I would try it and give an honest review. I have yet to do a post on it but it is coming, given that I'm aiming to lose a few pounds in the next couple of months I just picked up another bag of it and will be letting you know how it works for me.

As I devoured the yogurt bonanza, I contemplated how to spend my day. An afternoon movie was sounding like a good idea but after putting in 30 mins to finish up a research assignment (due tonight), the sun came out so I threw on some jogging pants and sneakers and went for a 8km walk. Vitamin D, fresh air and nature. I saw some birds and 4 deers out looking for lunch. Bliss.

hope your day was filled with something sweet :)

1 comment: