Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Monday 10 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was Thanksgiving here in Canada and I was so relieved to have the day off work.
It is a day to take the time to be thankful for all the things we are blessed to have in our lives and although I strive to be thankful everyday, today I truly appreciated how lucky I am. Surrounded by great family and supportive friends, an opportunity to learn, a job I enjoy going to, and overall good health.

My boyfriend and I had planned to have a picnic in the park because the weather's been so nice here this week. Instead I woke up this morning with a sore throat that unfortunately is the first sign that I'm coming down with a cold. So I headed to bed where I slept most of the day and took some vitamins and immune boosters to no avail.
I had really been looking forward to our picnic, feasting on sweet potato salad, roasted veggies and stuffing, but ended up throwing together a thanksgiving-ish dinner for one anyway.

Stuffing with veggie gravy and mac and cheeze.

It was good and festive but I had my eye on dessert the entire time...Pumpkin Pie Cupcake was calling my name.

Hope you had a sweet thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment