Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Garlic Sesame Stir-fry

I opened the fridge today and found very little edible content inside. some random pieces of bell peppers, 1 mini zucchini and a couple sprigs of parsley that were still green.
Upon considering running to the store to completely restock I figured by the time I actually arrived back it would be dinner time and i just wanted a light lunch so I would make due with what I had.

That being said I love stir-fry because you can add virtually anything you want and each time will taste different.

Here's everything I could gather and prepared it like so: (served one)
1/2of each red and green bell pepper - sliced
1 mini zucchini - wedged
2 cauliflower florets - halved ( I used a multicoloured variety)
2 slices of a medium red onion - separated rings
2 cloves of garlic - diced
2 cherry tomatoes - halved
parsley - chopped finely
sesame seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil, sesame oil, or olive oil

Angel hair capellini - 3 bunches or "nests"

I steamed the cauliflower in one pot, while heating oil in a pan, added garlic, onions and parsley. Then added bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes, added cauliflower to pan, keep boiling water, add the angel hair pasta and boil for 2-3 minutes, then drain. 

Plate pasta, cover with stir fry and garnish with more parsley if you feel so inclined. Sprinkle with sesame or other seed/spice and enjoy!


Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment