Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Thursday 16 June 2011

Chocolate, Dates & Sweet Potato

Good Morning!
I was up earlier than usual today (7am!) and laced up my runners to go for a jog. It was nice and cool out and I should have taken a sweater but figured running would keep me warm. I didn't have as much energy as I thought and ended up walking more than running but I figured it was better than still being in bed so at least that was something.

When I got home I made a chocolate smoothie milkshake. 

In a blender I put:
1 cup almond milk + 1/3 cup soy milk
1/2 banana
2 heaping tbsp of raw cacao
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp tahini
1 tsp almond butter
1 tsp agave syrup

It tasted just like a milkshake, and wasn't too thick and perfectly sweet.

With it I had one two of Angela's no bake date squares, the only thing I added to this killer recipe (to make it 6 ingredients) is chia seeds to the crust. BAM amazing!

Yesterday I was in the mood for sweet potatoes, which isn't odd because I love them but I couldn't shake the craving so I was inspired by Jess's simple panini (I left out the cheese, yogurt and a few other things).  

Sweet Potatoes were sliced and seasoned with sea salt, black pepper & curry spices then went on the grill.

I loaded a pita bread with a dijon mustard & maple syrup sauce, lettuce, spinach, tomato, poppy seeds and sweet potatoes.

I folded it and put it back on the grill for a minute, then got ready to eat.

It hit the spot. Savoury and spicy, this recipe is a keeper!

Have a sweet day.


3 comments:

  1. I was already craving sweet potatoes, but now this makes me want them even more!!! That wrap looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! That shake and pita look so delicious! I have never tried grilling sweet potatoes and think it will be added on my list of things to try! And yes, Yogurt Spoon's green apple was AMAZING. You have to try One Love. Their hours are weird. The first time I went they were closed as well1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! The date squares look yummy too! I love Angela's recipes!

    ReplyDelete