Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Friday 3 June 2011

TGIF!

Good Day Everyone!

I am so happy that it's friday! Why? Because it's sunny and I plan on heading outside this afternoon to bike and garden a bit. And well those things make me happy.

I had a good start to my day and wanted to share what I made.

I went out to the garden and picked this...

And turned it into this...

Then scooped it into a big ole bowl and put cheery on top!

RHUBARB & CHERRY are a nice pairing. Sweet & Sour = 
Then I grabbed a bottle of Kombucha to enjoy in the backyard

Rosehips & Hibiscus

I gently shook it and carefully opened it (as per the instructions), and still ended up wearing it, but the part I got in my glass I did enjoy :)

I then sorted out my bars for the week - Larabars look at em all. Nom nom nom. Now I don't have to spend time deciding what flavour to take, I just grab one from the pile because they are all deelish in their own way.

OK heading back outside.
Have a sweet day.

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Makes me want to go out and pick some of my own rhubarb this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vanessa - Your rhubarb and cherry looks great! I have been loving cherries so much lately, especially eating them frozen out of the freezer! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything 'crisp' - apple, rhubarb, strawberry - so naturally, I'd want some of that! I love the larabar idea too...I wish I had that many larabar's floating around my place...collection is slowly dying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you buy that yummy-sounding kombucha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run]
    In the Toronto area we have a store called Planet Organic Market - that's where I found it!! I just finished the bottle and will be getting another tomorrow. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete