Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Monday 25 July 2011

Beautiful Beets

It's no secret that I love vegetables. Especially when they are fresh from the garden. My garden. This morning. And look like this.

I had a recipe in mind for them... Beetroot Hummus.

• 2 beets (boiled or roasted)
• 11/2 cups of chickpeas (canned and rinsed or I soaked dry ones overnight then boiled and simmered until tender)
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
•2 tbsp olive oil
•1 large garlic clove minced
•1 tbsp tahini
•sea salt and black pepper to taste

I'll be using this hummus as a dip for veggies and corn chips, spread on sandwiches and probably just with a spoon because it's so freakin yummy!

And I also kept the greens from the beets as I'll either use them in a mixed salad or add them to a stir-fry dish.

Now onto another fresh garden veggie...zucchini - these grow unbelievably fast. I'll be back soon with what I did with them :)

Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment