Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Garden Delight

I don't know about you but I am loving this summer. I have been lucky enough to be able to spend so much time outside and I'm savouring every minute of it.
Today I went for a 40km bike ride along the lakeshore (Clarkson to Etobicoke)

Enjoyed this view along the way

Then got back and watered my garden and made myself a sandwich filled with things I picked from my backyard.

Grilled Zucchini Tomato Focaccia


On this was Beetroot hummus I made yesterday with my garden beets, leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, grilled zucchini and cucumbers on the side.

Without my garden I would've just been eating bread... this was much tastier and contained nutrients.

I also noted some progress on the garden. Finally I see some watermelons.  They are itty bitty right now but I'm sure with my TLC they will plump up over the next few weeks. Look how adorable.

This was the biggest I saw and about the size of a marble (but there were about 8 others I spotted) so we'll see what happens...

Tomatoes are big and now need to turn red.

Bell Peppers are just about ready too.

What's your favourite summer veggie?
Are you enjoying the summer weather as much as I am?

Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment