Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Tabbouleh and Cheezey Kale Chips

It's hot in the Southern Ontario region and I for one am loving it. I love working out in this weather, the sweating feels so good when I'm running or biking!! I however do not enjoy walking into work sweaty or stinky but so far I've managed to stay dry and unscented, Phew! We shall see after tomorrow's mid 40° Celsius weather.

Last night I went out for a run. I've ran 8 out of the last 9 days and I'm addicted again.
Before I headed out I powered up with tabbouleh and kale chips. I'd never made tabbouleh before and found it very easy and quick to pull together. The kale chips I did differently than usual. I typically just massage coconut oil on the kale and sprinkle sea salt but not this time. No sirree bob. This time I heated some coconut milk and nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and garlic powder and dipped the kale in it then put the kale on a cookie sheet and popped it in the over for 35 mins at the lowest temp my oven can do. I have my eye on a dehydrator so next time I can do it right!

This is how it turned out.

Very good if I do say so myself!

And then I went for a peaceful run in the park. Erindale Park to be exact.

The view.

6km's later

And then I rewarded myself with this delicious, not to mention nicely packaged cupcake from Sweets From the Earth. Did I mention it was Chocolate Raspberry?!? Major yum!! I love the jam.

The cute cupcake packaging.

I brought leftover tabbouleh to work today for lunch and a garden salad (lettuce and cherry tomatoes) that's it that's all. BUT wait this was from MY garden so it was extra special!! I have so much lettuce to eat I better start eating salad for breakfast.


Have a sweet evening. I'm heading out to go running.

2 comments:

  1. Sweets from the Earth makes the BEST treats! I have never tried their cupcakes but their cookies and carrot cake is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that cupcake looks amazing! I have yet to try kale chips but your recipe seems like it'd be really good! I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete