Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Saturday 16 July 2011

Coconut & Chocolate Chip Cookies

In the last 6 days, 99% of what I've eaten has been raw. And it's been pretty much all veggies. I feel great, I've run 6-7km each day and did a 42km bike ride yesterday.  My energy has been high and I'm loving the adrenaline kick. 

Despite the warm weather today, I felt like a gooey chocolatey cookie so when I got home from work I had 1 thing on my mind - and they just came out of the oven!

This is by far my fav cookie recipe, besides being simple to make (and quick to clean up) they are sweetened by delicious coconut flakes.

Here's how you can make them.

1/2 cup of Earth Balance
1/3 cup sugar or equivalent sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg replacer
1 1/4 cup of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp of sea salt
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Mix the earth balance, sugar, vanilla and egg replacer together until smooth.
In another large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea alt, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
Stir until combined.

Roll into discs or flattened balls and bake for approx. 10 mins at 300°F.

Make the cookies as small or as big as you'd like :)

Garden update:
Look at those green peppers go! These babies are almost ready to be stuffed. Oh yes - I have plans for them already.
 

and edamame

and zucchini


Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment