Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Sunday 29 May 2011

A Perfect Weekend

Today was my sister's birthday, but we celebrated yesterday with dinner and a cake, I didn't want to feel left out so I went to Kindfood for some vegan cupcakes.

I knew I would love the coconut one - I love coconut everything! I gave my sis the chocolate mint - because that's her type of thing.

Today was a pretty great day, the weather held up so Jim and I went downtown.

To start off the day we headed down to the Distillery District to check out the Sunday Market.

We popped into the Cube Works Studio that featured some neat art like these completely made out of rubik's cubes. I really liked pac man.

Then I hunted down the Apiecalypse Now booth for some vegan treats. I love supporting local vegan bakers!

I got me a mini apple pie and Jim the lemon loaf, and we split a slice of banana bread!
 We ate the slice of banana bread right away (yummy!) and saved the pie and loaf until later.

Back in about January I had seen a preview for the movie Forks Over Knives and I couldn't wait until it came out to see it. I had planned to go on opening night here in Toronto but something else came up so I had to wait a bit longer. I finally saw it today and it was great! I loved the China Study when I read it two years ago and was impressed to see it come to life on screen. I strongly believe if people see this movie it will change their minds, and open them up to a whole new perspective and lifestyle. I hope more people opt to prevent disease instead of waiting to go the route of a bandaid fix when it's too late.

My favourite quote that sums it all up: "The answer isn't another pill, the answer is spinach"


Following the movie, we headed over to Rawlicious to take advantage of their special for a smoothie, wrap and side salad for $15 (with a Forks Over Knives movie stub).

This time I tried the caesar wrap because I had heard it was amazing, and indeed it was fantastic! I had it with the Raspberry Bliss Smoothie and a side salad with balsamic dressing.

Jim chose the taco wrap (I loved it last time I was here) and he really enjoyed it as well. He had the strawberry milkshake which was heavenly and a side salad with balsamic dressing.

For dessert I had the brownie.

Jim had the cheesecake (today it was chocolate banana).


By the time I got back home I was too stuffed to try the pie and loaf - I'm looking forward to trying them at breakfast tomorrow!

Have you seen or are you planning on seeing Forks Over Knives? It's not in theatres for very long so if you haven't seen it go soon!
Have you tried Apiecalypse Now baked goods? They are at the Sunday Market all summer in Toronto's Distillery District - check them out if you can :)

Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment