Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Monday 9 May 2011

Trying Something New

So today I went to Yoga for the first time, and wasn't sure what to expect. I had only done a few poses in the past (thanks to my wii fit) so most of it was new for me. After waking up I had my usual glass of warm water with lemon, then I made sure to have a light breakfast - apple slices dipped in chocolate almond butter with cinnamon (oh ya!) and I drank about a litre of water. Thank goodness I did because boy did I sweat!!! Did I mention it was hot yoga?!?! Talk about diving right in.

I have a 30 day unlimited pass so I will be going back for more. I admit I really enjoyed it, but by the end of the hour I was done. Leaving the studio I felt so calm and remained in a peaceful state, I can't believe it took me so long to try this! Upon returning home I rehydrated with coconut water and snacked on quinoa and kale chips.

I spent the afternoon finishing building my raised vegetable garden, so tomorrow the soil can go in and seeds and plants later this week. So far in the raised bed I'll be planting: Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Carrots, Beets, Lettuce, Eggplant and Watermelon. In separate planters I have already planted Green Beans, Edamame and Parsley. From previous years we have green onions, strawberries and so much rhubarb - next week will be pie making time! :)

Have a sweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment