Welcome to the Sweet Life!

Welcome to the Sweet Life!

• Adventures in a Vegan Kitchen
• Eating out in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal
• Organic, Natural & Vegan products

Friday 20 May 2011

Raw Raw ooh la la

Last night I dined at Rawlicious with a friend and we both were pretty impressed with the experience.
I had been to the Yorkvile location before (for take out) so this time we dined in.
I really like the atmosphere, and the amazing smell of the restaurant.

For drinks I ordered the Pure Pleasure juice (orange juice, apple juice and pineapple juice), it was beyond my expectations. My friend got the lemonade which was nice too because it wasn't overly sweet and not too sour either.

For a starter - Spring Rolls
The were very light and refreshing, we loved them. And the cashew sauce it came with!

Within 5 seconds of looking at the menu I had made my decision...the Taco Wrap, it just called out to me with the guacamole, nut cheese and salsa wrapped up in a collard green. I fell in love and would definitely get this again! It is a must try.

My friend ordered the special of the day, samosas with a side salad. It came with a cashew, cucumber, mint sauce, and side salad. She really liked this dish!
I had a hard time choosing a dessert as the Strawberry Tart and Brownie were tempting me, but I chose the lemon cheesecake with blueberry sauce and it was creamy and light but tangy and delicious. This screamed summer and sunny skies.

My friend ordered the cinnamon bun which was good too, very nutty (almond flour and pecan) and coconut with a macadamia nut glaze. It was dense but sweet.

Overall a very good meal that left me comfortably full and I can't wait to go back again soon.

Have a sweet day!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Everything looks delicious!! I am completely enamoured with their caesar sald - it is to dieee, actually I should say, liveee for :) xo

    ReplyDelete